Subtopic 2.1: Microlesions (Gene Mutation)
- Microlesions are the damages or mutations in DNA bases.
- These mutations are with invisible phenotypic changes.
- Mirco lesions are following types (Figure 1):
2.1a. Base-pair substitution mutation(qualitative change in nucleotide pairs):
- In this mutation, single base nucleotide is replaced by another nucleotide.
2.1b. Frame shift (quantitative change in nucleotide pairs):
- In this mutation, addition or deletion of nucleotide in the DNA sequence resulted to shift or change entire DNA or amino acid sequence.